There are two standard ways to remove a stump: grinding and digging out entirely with the use of heavy equipment. Between these two methods, stump grinding is the more desirable option because it does not leave a hole on the ground. We will grind the stump until it is below the surface of the ground. In most cases, stump removal is done only in commercial development lands where the foundation is needed. It is also more expensive than stump grinding because of the equipment used and manpower required. It can also cause damage to the surrounding environment.
Majority of clients prefer stump grinding over stump removal for a good reason. Using our high-performance Vermeer grinders, we will ground the stump until it is 5 to 7 inches below the earth, completely getting rid of its appearance, and allowing turf to grow over it.
Stumps differ in its difficulty to grind depending on its species, age, and size. A new stump can be very challenging to grind, while older ones, especially conifers, take less effort to ground. The size of the stump is also something to consider because the larger the stump is, the more difficult it is to grind. No matter the age, size, or type of stump you have, they are no match to our high-caliber Vermeer stump grinders.
How We Grind Stumps
Pro Tree Service Waukesha uses the following standard procedure when performing every stump grinding service:
- Using a shovel and rack, we will make sure the site is free from gravel, small rocks, and other debris that can affect the safety of the stump grinding procedure.
- In case the stump has not been reduced as close to the ground, we will use a chainsaw to trim it to a level suitable for stump grinding.
- During this time, we will position the stump grinder in a location where we can easily collect the chips. We will continue by placing the mill at 1 to 2 inches above the stump and lowering it onto the stump to finally begin the grinding procedure.
- Our stump grinder will keep working back and forth over the stump until we have it ground 5 to 7 inches below the ground.
- Finally, we will make sure not to leave any trace of wood chips and clutter on the site. We can turn the chips into mulch or compost or dispose of them, depending on your request. We can also replant the area with seed or sod, for an extra cost.
The stump grinding process usually takes no more than ninety minutes, depending on the conditions present, such as the size, age, and species of the stump. Although stump grinding is no doubt a messy undertaking, Pro Tree Service Waukesha will make sure to complete the job as efficient and accurate as possible. We are ready to go the extra mile to ensure safety and cleanliness in the location throughout the process. If you have more than one stump you want to go, we can offer our multi-stump discount pricing and help you save some cash. We even provide discounted prices for multiple purchases of our different tree service offerings, such as storm damage clean up and tree trimming.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday – 7am – 6pm
Saturday – 8am – 5pm
Sunday – Appointments Only